Donations may be made to Carnival Theme Baskets, the Silent Auction, the Grab It To Go Table, the Used Book Sale, the Munchie & Candy Bar Walk, and the Pop Toss. Please read below to see what donations are being sought, as well as how and when to donate items.
NEW THIS YEAR! All donations may be dropped off as indicated below. Or you may drive up and drop off your donations in the upper parking lot of Oak Point on Thursday, January 19 between 9:05AM-9:45AM. One of our volunteers will take them inside for you - you don’t even have to get out of the car!
You may contribute new, unopened items for any of the themes listed below, or you may make a cash donation online or via the Carnival Response Envelope by January 26. 100% of the cash donations received for theme baskets are used to purchase items for the baskets, or help us purchase larger raffle items such as Beats headphones or American Girl dolls. Item donations may be sent with your student to his/her classroom, or you may drop off them off at the Oak Point Security Desk or Office by January 26.
This year's themes include:
- Arts & Crafts
- Paw Patrol
- Sleepover Fun
- Family Fun Night
- Finding Dory
- Music & Video Games
- Eden Prairie Spirit
- Do you have a condo, cabin or vacation place? You can auction off a weekend or week at your special place. You decide the terms and conditions and we will display them at the auction.
- Are you an in-home consultant who would like to expand your business? You can give us an item or basket of items to auction off and we would be happy to display your business cards with the item.
- Do you own a business that sells retail items or provides a service (ex: lawn mowing/snow removal/interior design)? A silent auction is a great way to advertise your product and/or service to all of our parents.
- Are you a season ticket holder for any of our local or regional sports teams? You can auction off your tickets for one or more games. You specify the terms and details and we will advertise them for you.
- Do you know a local celebrity? You can get an autographed photo or other memorabilia for us to auction off or even set up a meet and greet!
Pick up a gift card to your favorite restaurant or donate the "bonus" gift card you received during the holidays to our Grab It To Go Table. Have a favorite restaurant you love, or know someone who owns a restaurant? Donate a gift card in any amount to our Grab It To Go table and help us continue to grow this popular area!
We are accepting used books in good condition for kids of all ages, cookbooks, travel books, and content-appropriate adult books for our Used Book Sale We can only accept sticker books/activity books in new condition.
Book donations can be made a couple of different ways:
- Drop off boxes will be located at both the Oak Point Security Desk on the upper level entrance and the YMCA check-in desk at the lower level entrance through January 31.
- Drive up and drop off your donations in the upper parking lot of Oak Point on Thursday, January 19 between 9:05AM-9:45AM. One of our volunteers will take them inside for you - you don’t even have to get out of the car!
Students in Kindergarten through third grade are asked to donate items to our popular Munchie & Candy Bar Walk venue. Donations may be dropped off at the Oak Point Security Desk and should be delivered by January 26. Below are the requested items per family by grade. Cash donations are accepted in place of or in addition to any of these items, and may be made online or via the Carnival Response Envelope.
- Kindergarten & First Grade: 5 large sized candy bars
- Second & Third Grade: 1 or 2 large packages or bags of munchies (chips, popcorn, etc.)
We are asking students in Fourth through Sixth grade to donate a 6-12 pack of 20 ounce (or smaller) bottles of pop to our Pop Toss. Donations may be dropped off at the Oak Point Security Desk and should be delivered by January 26. Cash donations are accepted in place of or in addition to any of these items, and may be made online or via the Carnival Response Envelope.